Engineering and maintenance / MRO
Source of pride
Our main customer, the Aeromexico airline, has one of the best maintenance reliability records in the world, with an overall technical dispatch reliability of over 98.5%.
- Highest quality maintenance and operations
- High level of reliability
- Competitive costs
- Highly qualified staff with many years of experience, trained by the manufacturers at our training center
- Unsurpassed work quality at very competitive prices
- 6 heavy maintenance hangar slots
- Unique, strategic geographical location
- In-house component repair shops
- Boeing, Pratt & Whitney and Honeywell representatives on-site
In the heart of major Mexican trade centers, our maintenance facilities are located at Mexico City International Airport (MEX) and at Guadalajara’s International Airport (GDL). Their strategic locations and excellent weather allow us to provide maintenance services to airlines and aircraft owners from all over the world at any time of year. With over two million square feet available, we can offer the simultaneous maintenance of three aircraft in Mexico City and another three in Guadalajara.
- Transit, overnight, “A” and “B” checks
- Heavy maintenance “C” check
- Heavy maintenance “D” check
- Structural repairs
- CPCP –Corrosion Prevention Control Program
- Wear and tear
- Modifications to the fuselage, engines, systems, avionics and components
- Application of airworthiness directives and service bulletins
- Interior modifications
- Installation of GPS, TCAS, radar, windshear, winglets, heater blankets, etc.
- DGAC – Mexico Aeronautical Workshop Permit No. 1
- FAA-USA – Repair Station FAA CFR Part 145 ASMY152F – Mexico City
- FAA-USA – Repair Station FAA CFR Part 145 ASMZ152F –Guadalajara
- DNA-Argentina – Aircraft Maintenance and Repair Workshop Certificate Code 1-B-261
The maintenance services provided by Aeromexico comply with regulations established by Aeronautical Authorities in a number of countries and are accredited with certificates issued by each of these authorities. These certificates are renewed annually on the basis of on-site audits conducted by inspectors chosen by the relevant aeronautical authorities. As an airline we are fully aware of the importance of having aircraft ready for commercial flights.
Contact us in Mexico at:
Avenida Fuerza Aerea Mexicana No 416
Telephone: (5255) 9132-6377 or 9132-6678
Fax: (5255) 9132-6490
As a founding member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance, our maintenance processes are conducted according to the highest standards of quality and are subject to periodic audits by our partner airlines.
Our engineering department is staffed by a wide range of highly qualified engineers with years of experience. These engineers are specialists in the following areas:
- Development of engineering orders
- Structural repair design
- Modification of interiors
- Maintenance programs
- Reliability programs
Based on our experience as an airline, we are fully aware of daily operational needs and are able to provide consulting services designed to meet your specific requirements.
Parts, tools & equipment rentals
We have a comprehensive inventory of parts, tools and equipment available to meet your operational needs. Parts and tools can be sent quickly from Mexico City to any airport, minimizing the time your aircraft spends on the ground.
Qualified technical staff provides on-line maintenance support at the following airports:
|Acapulco (ACA)||Aguascalientes (AGU)|
|Cancun (CUN)||Chihuahua (CUU)|
|Ciudad Juárez (CJS)||Culiacan (CUL)|
|Guadalajara (GDL)||Hermosillo (HMO)|
|Leon Bajio (BJX)||Los Cabos (SJD)|
|Merida (MID)||Monterrey (MTY)|
|Morelia (MLM)||Puerto Vallarta (PVR)|
|Tijuana (TIJ)||Torreon (TRC)|
We have workshops for the repair of hydropneumatic, electromechanical and electrical parts, electronics, avionics, wheels and brakes, structural parts, composite materials, seats, slides, rafts, interiors and paintwork. Our workshops are equipped to perform a wide variety of repairs for components used in the following aircraft: DC9, MD-80, B737, B757 and B767.
- Fuselage polishing
- Interior reconditioning
- Boroscopic inspection of engines and APU (standard and videotaped)
- Non-destructive tests (NDTs)
- Spectrometric tests, physical and chemical oil analysis
- Total or partial overhaul, bench tests, inspections
- Radio class 1, 2, 3
- Instruments class 1, 2, 3 (pneumatics, hydraulics, electrics)
- Landing gear
- Wheels and brakes
- Composite material repair
- Emergency equipment
- Passenger seats
- Q.E.C. removal/installation
- On-wing compressor fan blade reworking
- JT8D-17 and -200 series hot section inspection
- APU repair and testing Blade change for 1st and 2nd stage JT8D compressors
- Blade change for 1st stage PW2000 and PW4000
- Service bulletin inspections and modifications
- JT8D gear box change
Type of aircraft serviced
Type of engines serviced
At Aeromexico, we know that aircraft require high quality maintenance to guarantee reliable operations and punctual flight schedules, while reducing operating costs and increasing revenue.
Since 1995, we have performed on-line and heavy maintenance for a number of major world airlines. We would be pleased to have you join the Aeromexico family as a satisfied customer.
Aero Charter de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
Aerotransportes Mas de Carga
Allegiant Air, LLC
APB Aviation Partners Boeing
Atlas Air Inc.
Boeing Capital Corporation
Centro de Capacitacion Alas de America
Consorcio Aviacsa S.A. de C.V.
Delta Air Lines
GE Commercial Finance Aviation Services
Grupo Aereo Monterrey
International Lease Finance Corp.
Mexicana de Aviacion
Pegasus Aviation Inc.
Presidencia de la Republica
Procuraduria General de la Republica
Spirit Airlines Inc.
United Parcel Service de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
US Airways Inc.