Luggage screening at Mexico City Airport
In order to guarantee safety of our passengers and to provide them with the highest quality service, Aeromexico would like to familiarize our passengers with the luggage screening provisions currently in place at Mexico City International Airport (AICM).
Presently, checked luggage is screened with the use of X-ray machines. Any suspicious luggage will be subject to additional screening with special equipment. Should luggage not pass the screening, it will be subject to further inspection by competent authorities.
Both the Federal Police and the Customs Agency are authorized to perform additional screening, which can be done in any of the following ways:
- Over a table, physically opening the luggage
- Passing the luggage through an X-ray machine
In any of these cases, if the luggage is locked the authorities will proceed to break the locks in order to open the bags and proceed with the screening.
In order to avoid these situations, when checking luggage, airline personnel will make sure passengers:
- Do not lock their luggage. Mexican Authorities will make sure every piece passes through a security check.
- Fill labels with their name and address, both inside and outside the luggage.
- Place all valuable items, such as electronics, cameras, cash and jewelry in their carry-on luggage.
- Bring all necessary items, such as medications, prescriptions and keys in their carry-on luggage.
- Claim their entire luggage immediately after arrival.
At point of check in and to avoid inconvenient situations, our staff will inform the passenger:
- Do not lock your luggage Mexican authorities will submit each piece of luggage through security control.
- Label the interior and exterior of your luggage with your name and address.
- Claim your luggage immediately upon arrival.
Furthermore, we recommend you keep all valuable items and others in your carry-on, including:
- Electronic items.
- Perishable products.
- Jewelry, money and art.
- Fragile items.
- Medicines and prescriptions.
- Official documents.
As these products are not considered as luggage, and they are transported without the previous knowledge and consent of the company, Aeromexico will not accept any responsibility for handling and/or loss of such items.