In compliance with the provisions of the Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, we would like to provide you this Privacy Notice. We request that you read this Notice, which mentions the data, purpose, treatment, time periods and proceedings to be followed in case you deem necessary to limit the use of your Personal Data.
1.- Liability for the Protection of your Personal Data.
Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. (Aeroméxico), with address for service of process located at: Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 445, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06500, telephone 91 32 40 00, in Mexico, City, is liable for collecting your Personal Data, as well as for the handling and protection thereof.
2.- Handling and collection of Personal Data.
The Personal Data that we collect from you with the purposes described in point four (4) of this Privacy Notice is gathered through the following means:
I. Personally. - When you provide it to us through our ticket offices or counters.
II. Directly. - When you enter your data through our internet portal at www.aeromexico.com, through our mobile app and through our Call Center.
III. Indirectly. - When travel agencies transfer your data and when we obtain data from public access sources allowed by the Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties Protection Federal Law such as: phone books, newspapers, gazettes and official bulletins.
The personal data we can collect from you through the abovementioned means is the following:
Identity Personal Data:
1. Name (s) and Surname (s).
2. Gender. (Male/ Female).
3. Date of Birth.
4. Home, office and mobile phone number.
6. Frequent Flyer Number.
7. Departure date, time and place.
8. Arrival date, time and destination.
Patrimonial Personal Data:
1. Credit Card Number.
2. Cardholder’s Name.
3. Expiration Date.
4. Security Code.
5. Cardholder’s Phone Number.
6. Cardholder’s Domicile.
7. Cardholder’s Mailing Address.
11. Postal Code.
The Personal Data you provide to us shall be lawfully handled and only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Similarly, in order to protect your personal data, we will establish the administrative, technical and physical safety measures allowing us to protect your Personal Data against damage, loss, alteration, destruction or from being used in a different manner to that established in this Privacy Notice.
2.1. - Minors or Judicially Interdicted Individuals Personal Data.
We would like to inform you that we are especially interested in protecting the personal information of minors and judicially interdicted individuals; therefore, said Data shall be provided without exception by the parent or legal guardian. This data shall be handled and protected with the highest safety and confidentiality measures.
2.2. - Third Parties Personal Data.
For the third party Data you provide to us, you should previously obtain the consent of the holder of such Data and inform him/her the site where he/she can find this Integral Privacy Notice.
3. - Sensitive Personal Data.
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data through our Personal Data direct and indirect collection means in any manner; however, such Data may be obtained personally when you provide us medical receipts or such receipts are furnished by you in order for us to be able to provide you the facilities and elements required for adequate medical attention, prior, during and after the air transportation service. This Data may include the following:
1. In the case of pregnant women, we will collect information in order to know their pregnancy stage.
2. Health condition of individuals with disabilities and/or with reduced mobility.
3. Medical conditions deemed contraindications to fly in the attending physician criterion.
For these purposes, it is necessary to have your explicit consent in the Privacy Notice handed to you at the ticket offices or counters prior to obtaining such Data. We agree to handle your Data under the most strict safety measures guaranteeing its confidentiality and only to comply with the purposes mentioned in this Notice.
4. - Purposes of the Collected Data.
Your data is collected for two main purposes:
a) Primary.- These purposes create and are necessary for the existence and fulfillment of our legal obligations, that is, Personal Data necessary to provide the following services:
I. Prepare quotations, make reservations, purchases, cancellations, and collect tickets.
II. Air transportation to domestic and international destinations.
III. Identify the passenger prior, during and after the rendering of the air transportation service.
IV. Notify the passenger by phone or e-mail about delays, cancellations and flight confirmations.
V. Excess baggage payment.
VI. Access to Salón Premier lounges.
VII. Baggage claim.
VIII. Delivery of delayed baggage.
IX. Carry out the corresponding tax invoicing for the payment of the contracted services.
In the case of Sensitive Data, your Personal Data shall be necessary to provide the following services:
I. Travel assistance and support.
II. Priority when boarding and disembarking the Aircraft.
III. Different kinds of wheelchairs.
IV. Personal oxygen tanks or those provided by Aeroméxico.
V. Use of respiratory assistance appliances.
VI. Assistance to get to and board the Aircraft, to get to your seat, disembark the Aircraft and getting to the baggage claim area.
b) Secondary. - Purposes different from those listed above and which do not create any legal obligation and that are not necessary to render the services. These measures are:
I. Evaluation and follow-up of the Air Transportation Services.
II. Products, services and promotions by e-mail.
III. Delivery of service evaluation surveys to your e-mail.
IV. Contact you by pone in order to know your opinion and flight experience of the flight you took and when you authorize us through the surveys we send to your e-mail.
V. Perform marketing studies.
VI. Perform advertising studies.
VII. Commercial Prospecting.
VIII. Information regarding our current and new destinations.
In case you do not wish to have your Personal Data used for these purposes, you can send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the above. The negative regarding the use of your Personal Data for the secondary purposes cannot be a reason for us to deny services and products requested or contracted with us.
5. - Negative Regarding the Use of your Personal Data for Secondary Purposes.
When we obtain your Personal Data directly, you shall have a term of five (5) business days following the date on which it was provided to express your negative regarding the handling of your Personal Data for the secondary purposes mentioned in point four (4) paragraph b), of this Privacy Notice. For these purposes, you will need to send a petition containing the requirements set forth in point 7 (seven) of this Privacy Notice, which shall be sent to the following e-mail address email@example.com, mentioning the Data and Secondary Purposes that you wish not to be handled. Such cancellation will be effective in a term not greater than ten (10) business days counted as of the petition reception date. You will be notified of this cancelation at the e-mail you provided in your cancelation petition.
If you fail to express your negative regarding the handling of your Personal Data for the secondary purposes described above in a term of five (5) business days, you will be deemed to have consented to and accepted the use and handling of your Personal Data for such purposes; however, this will not prevent you from exercising your ARCO Rights described in point 7 of this Privacy Notice at any time.
6. - Transfer of Personal Data.
For the compliance of the primary purposes set forth in point four (4) of this Privacy Notice, your Personal Data may be transferred to the following domestic or international companies engaged in the following activities:
1. International companies with which we have executed a codeshare agreement in order to provide the air transportation service and that would handle your Personal Data for the same Primary Purposes and under the conditions authorized by you. Said companies are:
- Alaska Airlines. (Country: Alaska)
- Avianca. (Country)
- Copa Airlines.
- TAM Airlines.
2. International companies part of the SkyTeam global Alliance of which Aeroméxico and its subsidiaries are members will handle your Personal Data for the same Primary Purposes and under the conditions authorized by you. You may consult the SkyTeam partners list at any time at the following internet address: http://www.skyteam.com/es/About-us/Our-members/
3. Ground transportation companies engaged in car rental activities and which purpose is to provide ground transportation if you decide to contract their services. These companies include:
For the fulfillment of the secondary purposes and provided that you have agreed to this, Aeroméxico may transfer and handle your Personal Data for the following purposes to companies in the United Mexican States engaged in the following activities:
I. Companies with Commercial Activities. - For the purposes of commercial prospecting and the sale of goods or services.
II. Companies with Marketing and Advertising Activities. - In order to perform studies, market surveys and to divulge travel and destination advertising.
III. Companies with Financial Activities. - In order to offer you products and services.
IV. Companies with Promotional Activities. - In order to inform you about travel, destinations and ticket promotions.
V. Companies with Tourism Activities.-In order to promote their lodging services and their diffusion in domestic and international destinations.
In case you do not wish your Personal Data to be transferred for these purposes, you can send an e-mail as of this moment to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the above.
Similarly, your Personal Data may be transferred to Grupo Aeroméxico companies (subsidiaries), which shall establish the administrative, technical and physical safety measures allowing us to protect your personal data against damages, loss, alteration, destruction, or from being used in a different manner to that established in this Privacy Notice.
7. - Means and Procedures for the Exercise of ARCO Rights.
For the exercise of ARCO Rights (Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition), you should send us a written petition in Spanish addressed to the Person in Charge of Personal Data to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, or submit such petition physically at no cost at: Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 445, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06500, México, Distrito Federal, containing the following requirements:
1. Holder’s Name.
2. Physical Address or any other means to notify the answer. (If it does not fulfill this requirement the petition shall be deemed as non-submitted.).
3. Documents proving its legal capacity (IFE, Passport, Proof of Military Service, Professional License). If acting through a legal representative, it shall be necessary to prove legal capacity through a granted power of attorney and an identification. 1
4. A clear and precise description of the Personal Data regarding which you seek to exercise ARCO rights.
5. Any other element or documentation facilitating the localization of Personal Data.
Once your petition is received, we will have twenty (20) business days counted a of its reception date to notify you the decision adopted, which if applicable shall be effective within the fifteen (15) business days following the date on which the reply was notified.
We would like to inform you that in case the petition is incomplete or inaccurate, the term set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be interrupted., We will have a five (5) business day term as of the petition reception date to notify you a request to fulfill or cure such error and you will have a ten (10) business day term to reply to such request. If the request is fulfilled, the proceeding shall continue; however, if the demand is not fulfilled the petition shall be deemed as non-submitted.
In the case of Personal Data access petitions, photocopies shall be provided at no cost, being you only bound to cover shipment costs or reproduction costs for the issuance of photocopies or electronic documents, prior proof of capacity of the holder or legal representative.
8. - Mechanisms and Procedure to Revoke your Consent.
You may revoke your consent for the handling of your Personal Data. For these purposes, you will need to send us an e-mail in Spanish to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the petition set forth in point seven (7) of this Privacy Notice setting forth the Personal Data regarding which you wish to revoke your consent. In a term no greater than fifteen (15) business days, counted as of the reception of your e-mail, we will revoke the requested Data.
1 In order to proof legal capacity, it will be necessary to file a copy and an original of the Official Identification for comparison thereof.
9. - Options Available to the Holder to Limit the Use or Disclosure of its Personal Data.
You may limit your consent for the handling of your Personal Data for secondary purposes through mechanisms other than the exercise of ARCO Rights:
I. Regarding marketing and advertisement purposes, you can express your negative by marking the box “I do not wish to receive mails”, found at the bottom of the e-mails we send you.
II. For any other purposes, you can send us an e-mail at the following e-mail address: email@example.com mentioning the limitations.
In a term not greater than ten (10) business days, counted as of the date you disabled the advertising box, we would stop sending you information.
We would like to inform you that we have electronic technologies (cookies and web beacons) that allow us to collect the data related to your activity electronically and simultaneously at the time you contact us through our website: www.aeromexico.com. The data we collect is the following:
1. Information regarding the browser you use.
2. Information about the time and period of time that you remained in our page.
3. Sections consulted in our page.
4. Information of the Pages you visited before accessing: www.aeromexico.com
5. Information of the Pages you visited after accessing: www.aeromexico.com
The data collected is not necessary to comply with the primary obligations mention in this Privacy Notice; however, it is extremely important and useful to comply with the following formalities:
1. Send information to your e-mail address related to our current and new destinations.
2. Send publicity related to your preferences.
3. Send you information related to our discounts, packages and promotions.
4. Offer you new products, destinations and services based on your preferences.
The collected data shall be used exclusively by Aeroméxico; therefore, said data shall be subject to domestic or international transfers.
From Internet Explorer (in Windows)
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Display the menu bar with the key Alt (in case it is not visible).
3. In the tools menu select Internet Options.
4. Go to the Privacy tab.
5. Click on the Advanced button.
6. Unmark the box Invalidate automatic administration of cookies.
7. Unmark the box Accept origin and third party cookies.
8. Unmark the box Always accept cookies from a certain session.
9. Click on the Accept button (Advanced privacy configuration window).
10. Click on the button (Internet Options window).
1. Open Firefox
2. Display the menu bar with the Alt key (in case it is not visible)
3. In the Tools Menu select Options
4. Click on the Privacy option
5. In the history section in the option Firefox, you may select the option Use a personalized configuration for history
6. Unmark the Accept cookies box
7. Click on the Accept button.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Display the menu on the right and select the Configuration option.
3. Click on the link Show advanced options.
4. In the Privacy section click on the Content Configuration button.
5. In the cookies section, select the Do not allow the saving of data from other sites and mark the Block data from sites and third
party cookies box.
6. Click on the Ok button.
7. Click on the Finish window.
1. Open Opera.
2. Display the menu with the Alt key (in case it is not visible).
3. From the Configuration menu select the option Options.
4. Click on the option Cookies.
5. Click on the Accept button.
Safari in Mac
1. Open Safari.
2. In the Safari menu go to Preferences.
3. Click on the Security tab.
4. Unmark the Localization Services box to disable web beacons.
5. Select Never to disable cookies.
6. Close the window to finish.
11. - Proceedings and Means for Amendments to the Privacy Notice.
We are entitled to make any changes or updates to this Privacy Notice due to} new laws, internal policies or new requirements for the rendering or offering of our services or products. These modifications shall be available to the public through the following means:
I. Visible announcement at our offices or customer service centers.
II. Brochures available at our offices or customer service centers.
III. In the privacy notice section located in the lower right side of our website.
IV. We can send them to you at the last e-mail you have provided to us.
12. - Undue Handling of Personal Data.
If you consider that your Personal Data protection right has been violated by the behavior of any of our employees or of acts or responses or presume that there is a violation of the provisions set forth in the Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, you may file the corresponding complaint or claim before the Federal Institute for Information Access. For more information, please visit, www.ifai.org.mx F.V.F